Clinical images supplied to DermNetNZ
DermNetNZ has a vast resource of images. However there are some topics without illustrations and others where the quality of the clinical images is poor. We welcome contributions to our library.
- The images should be good quality: in focus, properly exposed, plain background.
- The patient should not be identifiable: no full face pictures are acceptable without the express consent of the patient for it to be published in this form On DermNet NZ NZNZ.
- Evidence of patient consent must normally be provided for publication.
- Some unique or historical images may be acceptable without a written consent form providing the image is non-identifiable.
- Please advise whether you wish your contribution to be specifically acknowledged.
DermNet's consent form may be used. Download consent form (PDF).
Images provided to DermNetNZ will become the property of DermNet New Zealand Incorporated, unless other express arrangements are made, such as shared copyright.
- DermNetNZ adds DermNet New Zealand Incorporated's watermark to images larger than 250 px width/height.
- DermNetNZ allows its images to be freely used for single Powerpoint presentations and student projects.
- DermNetNZ does not normally allow its images to be reproduced on other publicly accessible websites.
- To cover its costs, a fee is charged by DermNet New Zealand Incorporated if the image is to be used for commercial purposes, if high quality images are needed or if the image is required without watermark.
How to send images
Please contact the website manager if you would like to contribute images to the website.
Preview-quality images and consent form will be requested before any agreement is reached.